BE A PROUD SGMITE AND MAKE THE CAMPUS RAGGING FREE: SAY NO TO RAGGING
Ragging is neither a means of familiarization, nor an introduction with fresher, but a form of Psychopathic behavior. Ragging is a violation of Human Rights. Respect Humanitarian Values. Ragging is a heinous crime, heavily punishable under law. Ragging may spoil your career for ever.
FOLLOWING ACTS WITH FRESHERS SHALL AMOUNT TO RAGGING
- to force to address seniors as ‘Sir’.
- to force to perform mass drills.
- to force to copy class notes for the seniors.
- to force to serve various errands.
- to do menial jobs for the seniors.
- to ask/answer vulgar questions.
- to look at pornographic pictures to shock the freshers out of their innocence.
- to force to drink alcohol, scalding tea, smoking, etc.
- to force to do acts which can lead to physical injury/ mental torture or death.
- to force to do acts with sexual overtones, including homosexual acts.
- to strip, kiss, etc. to do other obscenities.
PUNITIVE MEASURES FOR RAGGING
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the College, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging shall be one or any combination of the following:
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Debarring from any test/examination or any other evaluation process.
- Collective punishment when the individuals committing or abetting ragging are not identified.
- Fines of more than Rs.1,000/-, if any 3rd Sam students found traveling by College Bus with 1st Sam students (for any reason whatsoever).
- Rigorous imprisonment and fine up to Rs2.5 Lekh as per Law.